Wedding at Provo City Center Temple

Wedding at Provo City Center Temple
Aug 2021

Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer in Chicago

We're spending the summer in Chicago since Eddie is supervising BYU's internship program here for Communications students. We drove out in the end of June after a fun Pixton family reunion, and made the trip more fun by stopping at Martin's Cove,

Independence Rock,

Mt. Rushmore,

and the Mall of America. Then we settled into a 4-bedroom dorm apartment at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and started enjoying the city (and the pizza). So far we've been to see "Wicked", the Museum of Science and Industry,
Shedd Aquarium,
the Art Institute of Chicago,
the Children's Museum at Navy Pier,
Lincoln Park Zoo,
Sears Tower,
Wrigley Field - tour and Cubs game for Eddie, Joshua and Megan,
shopping the Magnificent Mile,
some lakeside beaches and parks,
Six Flags Great America (we have season passes),
Evanston (to see Summer and Allan's family and a 4th of July parade, and to see Northwestern and remember some good times during Eddie's master's program). Our ward has already roped me into playing the piano for them and had Eddie and I speak in Sacrament last week. We provide dinner once a week for all the students, play ultimate frisbee with them, and provide a few fun outings like seeing "Wicked," a trip to Nauvoo for them last weekend (we toured the town, went to the temple and saw the Pageant),
and a Cubs game to come on Aug. 2 (Megan's birthday). Hard work!

5 comments:

Fugal Family said...

Carter Family,
Wow, way to go on the blog! It is fabulous! We have joined the train yet, but I am seriously thinking about it. Your pictures are so great -it looks like you are really packing in the fun! We miss you back here in Utah. When I went to Chicago in January, I loved the Art Institute and Wicked! It is fun to see you are enjoying them too. Have fun and I will watch for updates on the blog.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Yeah!! I love having blogs!! You guys have been busy!! I bet the kids have really been enjoying themselves. Looks like there are tons of things for the kids to do there. Your life is going to seem boring back in Provo!! Anyway, we are excited to see you at Powell.

Alison Woods said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so happy to see pic. of your awesome summer! Have fun!

Liz said...

Hurray! I am so glad that you have a blog now! I can't believe how grown up Joshua and Megan are! And Zachary is so cute!

We have a blog too, I will send you an invite, as we are private.

The Hardy Family said...

Wow! You guys have had a busy summer! My kids would be so jealous if they only knew. They swear we haven't done anything fun at all! When you guys get back from Powell, we have to hang out! Call me!